Lead fouled cylinders ?

Subject: Lead fouled cylinders ?
From: Nic <tgynz@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 09:54:27
If your dieseling is being caused by lead deposits, etc.,
                 (IMHO)
run your engine until it's good and hot,
then,

if you have the nerve,

at the top of a full wind out, 5800 rpm?
with throttle still wide open,
evenly pour, at the same time, about a half pint of cold
distilled water into the each of the carburetors,
This will thermally shock all the crap off of your valves
and pistons and etc.
Dual carbs is a bit tricky.
Single carburetor is easy.
You want the engine to flood smoothly to prevent torsional
extremes on the crank etc.
You don't want to flood it dead.
Rev it up again and watch the exhaust.
Usually results in cloud of steam and a puddle of goo onto
the driveway.
I've done this before every oil change and tune up on all of
my cars.
These include air-cooled VW, Porsche, Chevy V8, Dodge 4 cyl
minivan, etc.
Cylinder inspection scope reveals "shiny" clean condition
afterwards.
I took the head off my minivan, which I flog it like a mule,
for a 200,000 mile head job.
Slick 50 in the oil, and water "steam" cleaning - like new.
WOW.
I expect another 200,000 mile on this engine.

Maybe MoGas would be easier.
Nic, xs145 :)