Re: Angle of Attack indicators (and stalls)

Subject: Re: Angle of Attack indicators (and stalls)
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 19:37:59
 com.au>

At 12:02 14/10/2002 +0930, you wrote

>Many thanks for these messages -- vital info indeed.
>
>Should we interpret the specific references to the Classic to mean that
>the XS wing has different stall characteristice, or are you just being
>careful to limit your comments to your particular experience?
>
>Nick Hammond

Nick,
  The XS has a bit more washout which will make a wing drop less likely,
however, its leading edge is going to more accurately conform to what Don
designed, so that should help too.
Its very easy to increase the nose radius by over sanding on a Classic wing
and that may not be good.
I agree with Tony's remarks,particularly re fitting stall strips. Except
that I never have believed the buffet to be useful. In the heat of the
battle with the 2 or 3 things going wrong at once, you are likely to have
your own gyros just a bit toppled and not notice the buffet, or mistake it
for turbulence. Pretty sure mine were.
Note, my opinions only. \Always get a second opinion.

Graham