Re: paint question

Subject: Re: paint question
From: irampil <rampil@anes.anesthes.sunysb.edu>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 19:20:55
Hi Gerry!

Thank you for the information on the Nextel paint.  I am still looking for
an industrial painter in my area who deals with it.  It is a bit pricier here,
about $300/gallon, so I would like a professional to do the spraying.
I just had my panels powder coated with fine rippled medium grey from
3M, and I would like to spray the fiberglass/plastic module in
Nextel.  I modified the module by replacing the shelf as you did, and
I am just about done with the
flowable finish putty for all my seams and nicks.
I did learn one hard lesson that I will pass along.  I chose a very high tech
fastener for the panels and instruments - a 6/32 stainless machine screw which
is countersunk and is tooled with 5/64th hex key because it looked very neat.
Now that I am stuck with them, I discovered that the hex key strips the head
very easily. :-(

I recently moved from San Francisco to Long Island, New York
Most of my Europa is in a workshop in Florida and I only get to work on
it every few months.

Cheers,

Ira