Virus/worm (?) rec'd today

Subject: Virus/worm (?) rec'd today
From: Fred Fillinger <fillinger@ameritech.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2002 13:25:18
Rec'd Europa list email with subj: Tacho drive...

msg began as follows:

Message text written by INTERNET:fkyle@bigwave.ca
>re: your last email remark - >>"it is taken from the tacho drive"<<. Is
this a 912....do yo     [that is, truncated]

Then attached "song.pif" in MIME format; 71K length.  MIME boundary is
"9BPCBUGRUZLGSR".

Sez from "Nigel Charles" <72016.3721@cix.co.uk>, not Nigel's usual
address.

Header proposes it's really from "mike ([62.252.1.8]) by
mta6-svc.business.ntl.com," and usual Europa list stuff absent.

I use Netscape with Post-It notes for address file and settings to
simplify dealing with such matters.  So do I just try actually playing
the song to see if it is a virus?? :-)

Anyway, above offered to help track down infestations with obvious
list users' connection.

Fred F.