Re: Finishing XS Wings

Subject: Re: Finishing XS Wings
From: Rob Housman <RobH@hyperionef.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 07:56:28
I can't help with the time (I'm still working on sanding the fuselage) but I
asked Kim Prout the same question about how much prep work is required on
the "gel coat" and the answer is that it is sufficient to sand the factory's
finish in those places where no filler is needed.  Once the filled places
(those you mentioned) are ready for the final sanding, do the entire surface
with the same grit to allow whatever primer system you are using to "key"
onto the surface.

Best regards,

Rob Housman
A070