Re: Postcuring the control surfaces

Subject: Re: Postcuring the control surfaces
From: McFadyean <ami@mcfadyean.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 10:25:29
I'm sure you're right; I have no experience of Superfil.
My filler was made with the Expancel supplied by the Factory. It was left
to cure for 9 to 12 months in a workshop where temperatures were cycling
upto 40 deg C, so at least partial postcure of the filler would have
occurred.
The fabric weave is now discernable in the final finish, but not so much as
affects performance.

Duncan McFadyean

On Wednesday, September 11, 2002 11:02 PM, Fred Fillinger
[SMTP:fillinger@ameritech.net] wrote:
> McFadyean wrote:
> >
> > Your filler will shrink in time if you postcure before filling Unless
you postcure again after filling.