[Building] Instrument panel top surface

Subject: [Building] Instrument panel top surface
From: Tony S. Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 11:13:04
A gotcha to be aware of. The enthusiastic LAME who looks after ZK-UBD
added a fan to the instrument panel in the aircraft during its recent
100 hour inspection. To vent the air he drilled a series of holes on the
top surface which now appear as a series of bullet holes right across
the pilot's field of vision due to their being reflected in the
windscreen. As a result of this I have now filled the original demisting
slot that I had in the top of my instrument panel and have moved it
forward so that it is under the lip of the window.

The lesson... keep the top of the instrument panel clear of anything
that you don't want to have display in your field of vision. Of course
if you want to build a HUD..... :-)

Tony