Kremen CS Propeller

Subject: Kremen CS Propeller
From: david joyce <davidjoyce@beeb.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 10:26:20
I have just returned froma trip round Europe which included a visit to the
Kremen
factory. I sawe a couple of developments there which may be of interest to
those building or thinking of upgrading to a CS prop. Firstly They have produced
a variant of the SR2000 CS prop which has moulded carbon fibre sheathing round
wooden blades, and Frances Donaldson has just agreed to approve these for
PFA aircraft. They look very attractive and Kremen say they are more wear
resistant
and ding proof than the previous version. Being moulded rather than hand
finished the airfoil is precise (rather like the XS wing!). The other thing is
that they are in the late stages (ie available in a few months time) of
developing
a new propeller combining the same sort of wood/carbon fibre blades with
an hydraulic CS system from the same manufacturer that makes the Hoffman
hydraulic
governors. This prop is said to weigh the same as the SR2000,which as I
remember it is 9.8 Kg complete with spinner wiring and instrumentation, and is
suitable for the range of Rotax  and equivalent engines.  David Joyce, G-XSDJ