Expanding Foam

Subject: Expanding Foam
From: Edward Gladstone <TedGladstone@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 18:38:17

>> ...............   if sprayed more than about 0.25" thick, will never
harden.  ...............

I made the foam base of our Fuselage Bogie by covering the underside of the
fuselage with plastic bin liner,  making a frame round it with cardboard
above a plywood base, and injecting the expanding foam into the cavity.
It was 6 inches thick in places and worked OK.    It formed a perfect
cradle to the exact contours of the underside.

Looks as though it depends on the make - - - - - - try a test first.
The stuff I used expanded from a liquid 'grape'  to a foam 'grape fruit'
in about half an hour. When cut in half it was a uniform solid foam
consistency all the way through.    It can exert quite a force, however, if
it has nowhere to go.

Ted