Re: Doors: was Cockpit cooling

Subject: Re: Doors: was Cockpit cooling
From: Paul Atkinson <paul.atkinson321@btopenworld.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 22:07:06
Not sure if this is any use either but here goes. I was looking around
my local DIY store today, and in one of those rare eureka moments it
occurred to me that the expanding foam used for sealing door frames etc
might be useful for making Europa doors more rigid. The top and sides
could be injected with this stuff, I am not sure how the bottom of the
door could be done. Any suggestions?
One concern is whether as this stuff expands and sets would it put undue
stress on the bond between the inner and outer parts of the door.

Regards

Paul Atkinson