Re: Pitch tube too high

Subject: Re: Pitch tube too high
From: clevelee@cswebmail.com
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 14:15:52
Check out the chapter where the bulkhead is installed.  You'll see were the
advice in other replies in the forum matches the instructions.

But . .I know I am thankful every day that I have not put the top on at the
point in the instructions where it directs to do so.  Use the mod posted on the
support site to put off putting on the top.  So many things are easier without
it on.  You can use flow chart in the manual to see all the work you can do
without having the top on, in addition to the much that is more easily done
without the top on.  Then, when you do put the top on, have the wings mounted
with all pins in place, verify that all is level - which you've done
periodically anyway(?):-) - so that the bonding of the top supports the wing
position.

Cleve
A198 Mono XS Jabiru 3300
Started Nov 2000 now at 680 hrs build time

> Hi All
> Congrats to all who've had first flights this past year.  I hope to join your
> ranks in the next 60-90 days.  I also understand from John Hurst that many new
> Europas were sold at Arlington and also Oshkosh... hoping to make lots of new
> friends in the years to come here in the states.
> I'm about to glue the top half of my fuselage on and have discovered the
baggage
> shelf hits the pitch tube.  Not quite sure how to correct this.  Simplest
method
> would be to just cut into the shelf and glass in a tunnel.  Any other thoughts
> on how to correct this?  Thanks
> Paul Boulet, A212, Malibu, California

> The Europa Forum is supported by Aviators Network UK info@avnet.co.uk
> In the event of problems contact forum-owner@europaclub.org.uk