Just a suggestion...

Subject: Just a suggestion...
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 23:55:47
Cheers
[SMTP:brauchfu@pcocd2.intel.com] wrote:>
> The key to avoid work hardening is how you fasten the hose to the
> airframe - and now that I think about it, I am not sure how this is
> done!  Adel (sp?) clamps, I think, are commonly used, but this would>
require a number of holes in the tunnel side and or the fuselage> bottom to
bolt to.  Also, how frequently does aluminum tubing need to> be clamped?
Every foot?>
> Brian"

16" for 3/8".
Torque for tube nuts is 40 to 65 lb.in. for 1/4" and 75 to 125 for 3/8" (for
5052-0) Any rigid pipe should have at least one bend in it and the flared
ends should mate to fittings before the nut is pulled down.
Duncan McF."

            On that gentle note, may I suggest that it is MUCH easier to
make a second copy of each section and hang it on the wall, than to
manhandle a replacement (heaven forfend) later?
Ferg
A064