Re: Europa-List: Fuel probe location

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Fuel probe location
From: DJA727@aol.com
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 02:32:57

In a message dated 7/27/2002 5:28:41 PM Pacific Standard Time,
ScramIt@aol.com writes:

> hy do the instructions for the Europa fuel gauge probe have you put it in
> the reserve side? I would think you'd want to know what's in the main, and
> if
> that runs out swap to the reserve and find somewhere to refuel. The main
> could run dry with the gauge still reading 1/4 tank. This doesn't seem
> human
> factored. I'm I missing something?
>
> " 1) Drill a 1/2 inch hole for the probe. Centered under the passenger head
>
> rest. "
>
> SteveD
> A217
> http://homepage.mac.com/sdunsmuir/Europa.html

I put mine in the left seat headrest. John at Europa implied that was a
mistake -- the recommended location on the right. I agree with your logic. I
have fuel in my tank today for the first time. I am chasing down numerous
leaks, but hopefully solving all of them permanently.

Dave
A227
Mini U2