Re: Europa-List: Fuel tank inspection hole

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Fuel tank inspection hole
From: Paul McAllister <paul.mcallister@qia.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 17:08:14

Hi Alex,

I thought long and hard about a similar approach and ultimately decided not
to put a hole in the tank.  Andy at Europa advised against it because the
tank has no structural fibers like fiberglass so their is nothing to prevent
a crack from prorogating.

On the flip side, people who have done this tell me that the top is pretty
thick and unlikely to crack.

Paul (363)