Cabin heat & fresh air

Subject: Cabin heat & fresh air
From: Nigel Charles <72016.3721@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 03:48:35
Message text written by INTERNET:RobH@hyperion-ef.com
>I have in mind a similar scheme to get fresh air into the cabin, this time
---From the plenum formed by CD6 and CD7 (the "air filter chamber" for the 914
installation) and the lower cowling.  The inlet to this chamber is through
large NACA duct in the 914's XS cowling, and the chamber is isolated (but
not sealed) from the rest of the engine compartment so it should remain
free
of carbon monoxide.  Again, comments would be appreciated.<

An outward opening overhead flap works well. It puts air straight to your
face where you need it using a pair of eyeball vents. The overhead panel
needs reinforcing to do this (as it is a strength critical area) but this
is easily achieved. I am thinking of introducing this as a Europa Club mod
if there is enough interest.

Nigel Charles