Re: flap drive

Subject: Re: flap drive
From: Brian Hutchinson <hutch@hangarbout.fsnet.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 19:10:19
Hi Paul
Yes this happened to me too, but all the way across the bulkhead in my case.
Others beware...make sure that the rear bulkhead of the cockpit module is
fixed into the 'canoe' as far forward as it will go, i.e. don't allow the
fuel tank area to spread the rear of the module too far aft.  I  used some
coarse abrasive paper round a tube (the same diameter as the flap tube) to
make a channel in the rear face of the bulkhead, in as far as the glass at
the front almost, then laid up two layers of bid across the whole width to
make it good again.  My inspector's happy, so that was another hurdle
crossed!!!

Brian Hutchinson
XS mono 357