Re: FW: French R S A Rally.Chambly.

Subject: Re: FW: French R S A Rally.Chambly.
From: Bob Harrison <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 10:28:04
Hi! Mark.
Thanks for the message. I was just writing my report of our experiences and
your name cropped up!
Yes, we hope to make it to the EAS Fly In in Switzerland. The "Cherry
Brothers" advised of the different venue though I didn't understand why !
However they were advocating meeting at Grenchen for weather checks and
possibly some escort service over the mountains. Sounds as though it will be
a good trip and some new experiences, like Norway only probably more
dramatic.
Yes, we had a momentous time with Raimo in Finland complete with his
beautifull wife, Mareke and Daughters.
The sauna was quite something too, but declined the run along the jetty and
dive into the lake c/w mosquito lavae etc. ! Also the 100km Powerboat ride
mostly at 60 kts with a reminder that the sona device "is a good piece of
gear, except it is rather too late with the info' !" I guess we were
emulating James Bond and I can't swim either !!!!
We had an exciting approach to Biggin Hill, in pouring rain and much
buffeting  on return, arriving just as a bloody front did (and an ILS
aircraft and Jet Ranger made us wait and piss about with orbits etc.) Then
we had to bloody pay for the priviledge!
See you at Cranfield. Did you see the joke I just sent to Toni ? I think I
did but may have decided not as it was a bit disgusting!
BTW We won't make it to the RSA Rally at Chambly since it clashes with
Oshkosh.
Regards
Bob H. G-PTAG  MKI Europa Kit 337/ JABIRU 3300