Re: Roll over protection - more ideas

Subject: Re: Roll over protection - more ideas
From: McFadyean <ami@mcfadyean.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 20:00:19
With respect, I'm not convinced that you would add much to the bending
strength of the windscreen bow by adding any material to a location close
to the neutral axis of the section.

Filling the section with foam then adding the reinforcement on top of that
should be more effective.

Duncan McFadyean

On Thursday, June 13, 2002 12:31 AM, David Glauser
[SMTP:david.glauser@xpsystems.com] wrote:
> I'm reinforcing the windshield bow with .125" carbon fiber rod from
Aircraft Spruce. This is flexible enough to curve into the bow, but
incredibly strong. I intend to bond a bundle of lengths into the bow,
running down past the body seam to the fuselage floor.