Re: Acrylic wing tip lenses

Subject: Re: Acrylic wing tip lenses
From: Rob Housman <RobH@hyperionef.com>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 11:45:27
I also made the unfortunate decision to purchase the @#$%
&* Goldwing light
kit, and the lenses do indeed conform to the XS wing tip.  However, if what
you are calling "mask patterns" are the plastic approximations of the wing
tip itself (with lines hand drawn on masking tape to indicate the cut lines)
supplied by @#$%
&* Goldwing, I would suggest tossing them and using any
other method to determine the actual shape of the wing tip.   I'm still
incredulous that @#$%
&* Goldwing had the audacity to refer to these as
templates!   If Europa will not supply the necessary data, it is a
relatively simple matter to use a coordinate measuring machine (CMM) to
digitize the shape using an actual wing tip (preferably not yet bonded to
the rest of the wing!) or the cutouts made in order to fit the lights.  If
the cutouts are wanted, mine are available.

Best regards,

Rob Housman
A070