Re: Drag cross brace installation

Subject: Re: Drag cross brace installation
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 01:21:03

>There is very little rigidity the rear fuselage and the cockpit module
>section until the top is bonded, (or clecoed) on. The rear fuselage is
>very flexible until the top is bonded on. Conversely when the cockpit
>module is bonded into the fuselage bottom the front section, which
>eventually determines wing incidences becomes very rigid.

Sorry guys if that sounds confusing. In the cold light of morning that bit
read very badly. (Price of staying up too late reading emails!) I feel I
should resubmit my opinion.

What I tried to say was that the front fuselage is very stiff with the
cockpit module bonded in, even without the top bonded on.
  Many people have rigged the wing incidence at this stage without problems
in spite of the factory reluctance. However the rear fuselage will be quite
flexible so good support is essential,

Chuck Popenhoe showed us a very practical fuselage cradle. There is one
going begging in Wisconsin I believe, (Paul McAllister) and soon there'll
be another in Derbyshire. Colin Smallwood. Colin speaks to the group
occasionally.

Graham