Drag cross brace installation

Subject: Drag cross brace installation
From: clevelee@cswebmail.com
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 14:03:29
Thanks to all before me and the recent Europa newsletter advising on the bolt
lengths with the installation of the W35(?) compression tube picking up the wing
drag loads.  This has gone quite smoothly for me.

I cannot imagine how difficult this would have been if attempted after the
fuselage top has been installed.  For all those yet to set their wing incidence,
sweep and compression tube installation, use Graham Singleton's mod for waiting
to put the top on.  For this task only, you'll 'earn back' the time you put into
making the molded parts for bonding on the top later.  Also, don't paint the
tube or gusset plates before everything is fitted and drilled. You'll just end
up doing it again. (of course the instructions tell you when to paint them, but
you have to read them to see that ;-)

Cleve Lee
A198 Mono XS
Detroit, MI