Failure to get to Persan Beaumont

Subject: Failure to get to Persan Beaumont
From: David Watts <dg.watts@virgin.net>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 20:11:25
My appologies to any of the Continentals that managed to get to the Persan
Fly-in.
I didn't manage to there.

On Saturday late morning I got out just off the coast at Lydd when the already
bad weather turned impossible. Solid cloud from 1,000 ft to goodness knows
where.
I checked witrh Lydd on the weather at LeTouquet to be told it was 600ft with
2 km vis!!!
I turned back to Laddingford.

During the afternoon I made several short local flights, but with the weather
even
worse than earlier they were all very low level stuff. It cleared up around
7pm with a hazy sunshine.

Today I went down to the airfield again but it was even worse than yesterday, so
I gave up again. However just to really rub salt into the wound I am typing
this with clear blue skies outside since it suddenly turned that way at 6pm.

SO MUCH FOR THE WEATHER FORECAST.

Dave Watts G-BXDY