C of G position

Subject: C of G position
From: david joyce <davidjoyce@beeb.net>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 17:00:32
Does anyone have a view on what an ideal C of G position is?  Mine initially
came
out at 58.5", with battery in the engine compartment, 914 and wobbly prop,
albeit a light one. I calculated that 3 lbs of lead bonded and bolted to the
front
of the stern post would take it back to 59", and this seemed a better bet
than repositioning the battery which would have been a fair amount of hassle,
and involved some extra weight and diminished electrical efficiency. The 59"
position lets me carry 400lbs pax with no fuel or baggage, (clever that!), or
alternatively 120 lbs pax and full fuel + 80 lbs luggage, which two loadings
take
the C of G pretty much to the two limits. What has anyone else settled on?
Davbid Joyce G-XSDJ