FIberglass challenge

Subject: FIberglass challenge
From: DJA727@aol.com
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 23:57:38
So here is a question for the group.

I am building the outrigger mounts for the glider wing. The book calls for 7
inch square pieces of BID - 3 layers -- to be laid up between the two ribs
and up against the small plywood bulkhead between the ribs (forming an "H"
when looking down on the mount area). The distance between the ribs is only
about 2 1/2 to 3 inches and the distance forward to the spar is about 4
inches. When you look at the area that needs to be covered and you look at
the size of the BID, I can't see how it will work. By the time you get the
glass into that small area, it will undoubtedly become a wadded up mess. I
need help -- suggestions on how this can be done reasonably neat. I guess I
am not going to be a master fiberglass worker. This task didn't happen today
because for the first time, the fiberglass work looks almost impossible.

Any body have any ideas how to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Dave Anderson