Re: Wing mounting pins

Subject: Re: Wing mounting pins
From: Nigel Charles <72016.3721@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 16:45:00
Message text written by McFadyean
>I wouldn't compromise on the squareness of the rigging, even if there are
other minor irritations as a consequence.
<

Like a lot of things this can become a necessary compromise. Had I needed
to adjust the rigging any further it would have been extremely difficult to
get the wing pins into the sockets. As it is I have to put a slight forward
load onto the port wing to get it located. On removal it takes quite a firm
pull to get the pins out of the sockets. In retrospect I don't think the
25mm or so of fore/aft rigging error would have made much difference to the
flying characteristics. The one aspect that can be critical is the wing
incidence setting but as this doesn't cause any significant problems with
other aspects this can be set accurately.

Nigel Charles