Re: Cowl Butchery (or delicate disectings)

Subject: Re: Cowl Butchery (or delicate disectings)
From: Klaus Dietrich <Klaus.Dietrich@oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 11:48:27
you can mount the oilcooler about 1'' below the spinner (classic spinner). I did
my hole slightly bend following the spinner outside curve. No scoop needed; you
fix the cooler on the inside of the cowling with brackets made out of 4 layers
of
bid which you will shape around brackets made out of cardboard (covered ba
plastic) (if you like I can take some pictures and mail them to you)

For the NACA scoop, you can follow the instruction, this worked fine for me; did
mine also after painting etc and it worked out perfectly. To cut the scoop use
"Dremmel" vibration saw.
So don't worry!

Klaus (132)