Cowl Butchery (or delicate disectings)

Subject: Cowl Butchery (or delicate disectings)
From: TroyMaynor@aol.com
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 20:31:30
Hi Gang,
I am about to take the plunge and modify the cowl on the Classic to place the
oil cooler under the spinner instead of behind the port radiator. Any
guidance anyone can offer will be appreciated. Do I cut the hole before
shaping a scoop? I would think so. Then does it need to be just below the oil
pump, or maybe higher?
The other thing is the NACA scoop for the cold air induction mod. I plan to
follow the directions that came with the mod. Has anyone had any problems
installing this or have any warnings concerning it?
Signed-overly cautious and slow,
Troy Maynor