Move over John Tye?

Subject: Move over John Tye?
From: McFadyean <ami@mcfadyean.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 5 May 2002 21:30:53
Having re-engined my Europa Classic (G-BXII) with a 912s, today I carried
out the weight and balance and achieved an aircraft-prepared-for-flight
 weight of 727lbs. John's was slightly less, but I suspect that if I were
to remove redundant rear-mounted battery tray and the battery cables to it,
vestigial casting for the original tailwheel (the aircraft now has the
tailwheel mod., which is heavier) and the redundant outriggers (aircraft
has conventional gear) then I should be below 720lbs. Instrumentation is a
little basic but includes AoA, electronic compass and other toys (panel
weighs 17lbs).

Now, if I redo the cowls in Kevlar/carbon , that should loose another 8lbs.

Walking on air!

Duncan McFadyean

PS the weighing equipment used was a digital load pad that was calibrated
(traceable to National Standards) the day before.