Flying: Fuel drawback entitlement : UK to Europe.

Subject: Flying: Fuel drawback entitlement : UK to Europe.
From: Alan D Stewart <alan.stewart@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 5 May 2002 17:10:01
1/ Fuel Drawback

Does anyone know the current Customs and Excise drawback entitlement for
flights to Europe ?

URL's or links would be good, but in their absence a straightforward
explanation would suffice.

I understand that aircraft flying to Europe from the UK may be entitled
to claim a refund from
the tax authorities for fuel duty.

How does this work ?

It would seem that if I fly 18 gallons of fuel to France from the UK, I
would be entitled to make a claim,
but what about 18 gallons purchased in France and flown back to the UK
??!

I hadn't even considered it, 'til I read an article on the web. Now I
think it might help cut the cost of
foreign trips.

No doubt, someone will tell me that it doesn't work that way for private
flights, or that unleaded fuel is excluded ?

Alan