wing spar clearance

Subject: wing spar clearance
From: Richard Iddon <riddon@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 20:33:43
Further to my recent post on 'Wing setup to cockpit module', Thanks for the
suggestions.

I have now got it set up and ready to bond the spar cups and have noticed
that the bolt holding the push rod linking the CS08 cranked aileron arms is
catching on the wing spar.  How much clearance should there be?

I believe my spars are slightly thicker than normal as I was given slightly
oversized spar cups. I think that this may have added about 1/4in. to the
overall width of the two spars which, I am guessing has caused the problem.

Solutions I can see:-

a). Countersink the holes in the CS08's and obtain some countersunk head
bolts to replace the hex head ones.
b). re-bend the CS08's to give more clearance although this may affect the
clearance from the fuel tank.
c). Grind away some of the wing spar where the bolt head is catching.

Anyone else had this problem and what fix was used?

Richard Iddon ( scratching my head again!)