Re: Avionics & panel depth

Subject: Re: Avionics & panel depth
From: Fred Fillinger <fillinger@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 14:34:34
Rob Housman wrote:

> You must have had a different batch - I ran the bolts through so many times
> that all the Cd plating is gone and the dumb hole still looks square and is
> visibly smaller than the bolt!
>
> Best regards,
> Rob

One option is squeeze out the elliptical shape of the anchor nut's
threaded part in a vise, or vice-grip pliers.  To regain self-locking,
mash the attach bolt's threads in the vise a bit.  Or semi-perm
Loctite, or combination thereof.  Also there's AN-type anchor nuts
with fiber/nylon lock.  Only need enlarge the fiber, and then use
Loctite....

Best,
Fred F.