Some recent mods and possibly useful techniques to pass along

Subject: Some recent mods and possibly useful techniques to pass along
From: Ira Rampil <rampil@anesthes.sunysb.edu>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 12:05:38
Greetings all,

Having recently watched with interest the traffic on AOA I thought I would
mention another choice, the DIY choice which I selected.

A prominent commercial AOA device uses a probe made of a small block of
metal providing a known leading edge geometry which can me positioned in
angle to match the wing to which it is attached.  Plans for a "quite"
similar device can be found at:

www.snyder.on.ca/pages/angle%20of%20attack.jpg

It cost me $5 for the aluminum.  I plan on an additional expense of about
$50 for the dywer pressure gauge.

I also have some details on the labeling and design of my panels.
Look at:

http://anes.anesthes.sunysb.edu/faculty/Rampil/NewEuropaBuild.html

Cheers,

Ira