Re: Metal plate Firewall problem

Subject: Re: Metal plate Firewall problem
From: Neville Eyre <Neville@europaaircraft.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 16:57:33

>>> "Neville Eyre" <Neville@europa-aircraft.com> 02/27/02 04:36pm >>>
Hi All,
The rudder pedal shafts have allways been in the same position, only the
vertical
arms were changed on the XS, they were cranked forward, to increase the legroom.
Making the firewall recessed both sides is OK
The seal between the SS and the main firewall needs to be as good as you can get
it, ie no visable gaps, seal it with high temp silicone sealant.
Cheers,
Nev.

>>> <bizzarro@easynet.co.uk> 02/27/02 01:07pm >>>
Hi all

We have one of the last classic fusalages with the XS cockpit module,
and I assume that we also have many if not all of the XS parts
delivered with the kit.

Last week were installing the centre firewall section (the bit made
---From the metal plate) and came accross a problem. Looking at the
front of the plane, the far left section is recessed back to allow
for the rudder cable actuator arm to travel a fair distance back into
the slot. However, on the right side, the firewall is supposed to go
straight accross with no recess. I assume that this is because the
other actuator arm is on the forward pedal tube and therefore is not
meant to hit the firewall. The problem is that it does.

I would like to know if the actuator arms were welded in a different
position on the XS rudder tubes compared to that of the original
classic rudder tubes. I have checked the position of the rudder
tubes, and they are correct (according to the book), however if I had
had the XS fusealage with the 2 extra inches of leg room, I assume
that the rudder pedals would be further forward?

In short, If we make the right side of the metal plate firewall
recessed as well as the left, will it be a problem?

Do I have a different type of rudder pedal assy., or has the assy.
never changed (and I have screwed up somewhere along the line?)

Has anyone else had this problem, and would like to offer a solution?

Is it okay to have small gaps between the metal plate firewall and
the phenolic firewall? I suspect that it is not ideal!!

Regards

Eddie

/////Eddie Hatcher Bill Lams Nick Crisp///////
///SouthEastLondonFlyingGroup///G-SELF powered by Jabiru 3300///
www.crispsite.flyer.co.uk/newropa.htm