Re: Headaches

Subject: Re: Headaches
From: Miles McCallum <milesm@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 10:05:47

> > Bottled gas heaters also give off large amounts of water. I only use
> > electric heating in my workshop.

Hmmmm: I use a bottle gas heater (390,000 BTU) because it's the only thing
that will cope with the volume of the (un-insulated) workshop. (the
laminating room is insulated, and maintains 70F in mid winter on electric
heating) - however, I use the gas heater to initially warm the air and parts
up to working temp.

Sometimes  very low temperatures prevent me from working: the roof retains
moisture that freezes and then melts, raining inside the workshop (so I
don't bother on those rare occasions) but generally the increased
temperature more than compensates for any extra moisture introduced: the
humidity drops dramatically, and in fact my worst (also very
occasional)problem is high temps and high humidity - then even a fairly
large dehumidifier can't cope with the airflow through the building.

Miles