Re: Email problems and other list problems.

Subject: Re: Email problems and other list problems.
From: europabuilder@ntlworld.com
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 10:54:59

----- Original Message -----
From: "Fred Fillinger" <fillinger@ameritech.net>

> europa-builder@ntlworld.com wrote:
> > The antenna connector should be straight into the back of the
> > radio/gps/what-ever.  An additional connector (if that's what you are
> > saying) may cause all sorts of SWR problems.
>
> What is meant by all sorts of SWR problems?  The mfr data sheets for
> coaxial RF connectors will specify the insertion loss, and it's rather
> small (like 1.05 VSWR).  I agree they should be avoided, but an inline
> RF connector is often supplied by avionics manufacturers to facilitate
> the installation.  For a removable Europa panel, if an antenna
> connection is part of the tray on any of the boxes, there will be no
> choice.

1.05 is an addition which should be avoided.  If you have a connector on the
back of the device, why would another one be needed 12" further down the
line (which leads to other problems, there is often a minimun length of
cable specified between connections).

Cheers,
Mark.

Mark Jackson - 07050 645590