Re: Email problems and other list problems.

Subject: Re: Email problems and other list problems.
From: Fred Fillinger <fillinger@ameritech.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 22:16:49
europa-builder@ntlworld.com wrote:
> The antenna connector should be straight into the back of the
> radio/gps/what-ever.  An additional connector (if that's what you are
> saying) may cause all sorts of SWR problems.

What is meant by all sorts of SWR problems?  The mfr data sheets for
coaxial RF connectors will specify the insertion loss, and it's rather
small (like 1.05 VSWR).  I agree they should be avoided, but an inline
RF connector is often supplied by avionics manufacturers to facilitate
the installation.  For a removable Europa panel, if an antenna
connection is part of the tray on any of the boxes, there will be no
choice.

Regards,
Fred F.