Re: Fuel totalizer and 914

Subject: Re: Fuel totalizer and 914
From: Augustene Brown <augustene@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 20:15:13
Hi Dave;

I am currently flying a 914, but I do not know of a single point to get total
fuel
flow readings from a single sensor.

The fuel line from the tank goes to a fuel manifold, and from there to the
carb's.
The gas that is not used, returns to the fuel tank  thru a separate fuel line
---From another fitting on the fuel manifold. The fuel pressure is also sampled
---From this manifold.

The installation requires two fuel lines, and for this reason, two fuel sensors
are needed for a correct reading on fuel used.

Jim Brown

DJA727@aol.com wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am installing a 914 engine in my project airplane (when the DOD lets us buy
them!) and plan to install n IK2000 monitor with fuel flow option. I have been
told there is a place that a flow sensor can be installed to get fuel flow
readings
without installing one in the return line and the input line. Obviously,
the installation of only one sensor would be cheaper and more accurate than
2. Since I have not seen the engine, i don't know what there is to this. I have
ordered the monitor, hoping that the engines are released soon.