Europa Rescue Service

Subject: Europa Rescue Service
From: Jim Naylor <jnaylor@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 21:12:14

----- Original Message -----
From: Brian Davies <bdavies@dircon.co.uk>
<ivor@ivorphillips.flyer.co.uk>; <europa@avnet.co.uk>
Subject: Re: The Europa Rescue Service

> Those of us still building have a ready supply of spare parts.  I am sure
we
> could develop some simple rules to enable those spares to be used in a
> rescue.
>
> Count me in for 30 miles radius of Horsham, West Sussex.
>
> Brian Davies, kit 454

I think the best way is a simple undertaking to replace the part ASAP. The
problem being, if the person supplying the part is inconvenienced or kept
waiting due to laziness or a shortage, or ends up with the part being
returned slightly 'second hand' then the whole spirit of the service could
become compromised. Parts supplied by the club could be covered by the
deposit of a credit card number, which could be debited if the parts were
not returned post haste, but this would not be open to individuals. Do we
need a safety net for the good Samaritan, or can we trust people to do the
right thing in return?

Jim