Foam carving tip

Subject: Foam carving tip
From: ScramIt@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 11:01:42
Hi all, had to carve a recess in my aileron foam to make a flush access cover
flange for my electric trim tab. As you all know getting the depth just right
and even is not easy. Oh the foam sands easy but you have to measure depth
sand measure sand, etc. So here's the trick. Get a dremel with a round head
wire brush and the attachment for the dremel that makes it into a mini
router. Set the depth of the recess move the dremel back and forth and there
you have it an even recess with the sides beveled ready for a lay-up.

SteveD