Engine - spinner vibration

Subject: Engine - spinner vibration
From: martinstevens <martinstevens@tinyworld.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 19:24:41

Hello there from Carmarthen

G-BXCH is a 'bog' standard 912 monowheel with 400 hrs under her belt
with no serious problems. Over the last couple of flying hours I have
noticed a 'slight' vibration in most power settings. I suspect the cause
to be the spinner.

During the first few hours after first flight I had a similar problem.
It seemed to be solved by balancing the spinner by floating it in a
barrel of water, 75% submerged by adding water inside the spinner and
then adding weights so that it floated evenly. (Crude but it seemed to
work) Being an early kit (186) I believe several people experienced the
same problem.

I also fitted the GS back plate. I should like to hear from anyone who
has experienced this problem and how they managed to solve it. Are there
any other spinners available from the factory that are stronger and more
"true" than the mk1.

Any comments and suggestions would be appreciated

regards
Martin (Build no 186)