Tailplane Torque Tube Drive Pins.

Subject: Tailplane Torque Tube Drive Pins.
From: Bob Harrison <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 12:21:54

Hi! Guys.
 I have already fitted one set of oversize pins to G-PTAG. Infact at the
time of final inspection
since I had power drilled the holes instead of hand reeming them.  The
replacement pin on the Port side needed driving in with a hammer, yet I
still had a miniscule ammount of play on the Starboard side, so I carefully
applied locktite to that side.(It is would still be possible to dismantle
the assembly so long as only one side is permantly fixed)
Anyway here I am with the new flying season in sight and annual inspection
imminent and I find that both sides are now loose again!
I find it interesting why there isn't much "chat" from other long hours
Europa operators as to their similar problems?
Perhaps floating this question will promote some :-
a) Discussion
b) Reports of others experiences to date?

best regards

Bob Harrison G-PTAG