Re: Near Disaster with Europa Trailer

Subject: Re: Near Disaster with Europa Trailer
From: Dave DeFord <davedeford@attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 21:24:57
We had the same experience over a year ago (as we reported on this forum),
but were lucky to catch the failure at an earlier stage.  Our fix was
similar to your suggestion, but we used a steel plate on the bottom of the
box beam (rather than large washers) to carry the load directly to the
vertical sides of the beam.

Dave DeFord
N135TD