Landing Gear Mounting Frame

Subject: Landing Gear Mounting Frame
From: Brian Rauchfuss - PCD <brauchfu@pcocd2.intel.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 12:40:57

I am trying to get my landing gear mounting frame into the front of the
firewall.  Boy, it's a tight fit!  How have people gone about this?
I tried hitting it with a mallet, but there was not much progress.
Also, how do you get it in: put the lower legs into their holes and
then pound the top in, or try to get it to go in simultaneously?

And finally: how did you drill the holes for the lower legs?  I don't think
I have a very good position marked, so if I use a minimum sized hole of 3/4"
they will probably not be in the right place.

Brian