some simple fuel system questions?

Subject: some simple fuel system questions?
From: DJA727@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 14:17:04
Hi,

I am installing the fuel filler today and have some questions.

When you fuel a Europa, do you fill it up to the top - above the top of the
tank and fill the filler tube?

I have a quite loose fit at the tank outlet to the rubber hose. With all the
comments about the fuel smell, I need to do this right. I am thinking of
replacing that hose with something else - especially if it is filled with
fuel.

What was the recommended sealer for the rubber hose?

One last thing, If the filler tube needs to be removed, how would this be
done if the cap is bonded to the fuselage? If it never needs replacing, there
would be no problems, but.......

Progress, not perfection,

Dave Anderson
Monowheel motorglider