Europa Tyre Loadings

Subject: Europa Tyre Loadings
From: Roger Barton <rogerb@ukpilots.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 08:23:56

Hi Everybody,

I need some help if possible. I am building a Europa Trigear XS, it is one of
the
older kits (no. 372). It has the original tyres on it which are Cheng Shin
11.400-5.00. The tyre wall states they are suited for load range D. My inspector
is unhappy with them as he believes that is insufficient loading for 1370lbs
gross weight. He wants me to change to the larger tubes and tyres that are now
supplied as standard with the new kits. Europa state this is unnecessary but
will sell me the larger tubes and tyres if I want.

To add to my problem I bought the speed kit a few weeks ago and now find it does
not fit the smaller tyres and I have to change to the larger ones anyway.
Unfortunately
Europa did not tell me that fact when I ordered the speed kit.

Does anyone have a view on this or can tell me what Load Range D equates to ?

Many thanks,

Roger Barton