Door strut question - addendum

Subject: Door strut question - addendum
From: Peter Zutrauen <peterz@zutrasoft.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2001 00:53:41
Daydreaming some more.....

Modifying my original suggestion, more effective than a "ramp bracket" would
be a pivoting, slightly over-center lever with a small bucket-like end to
capture the end of the gas strut and unload the door as it's closed. This
would get rid of any friction of sliding up the 'ramp bracket' when closing
the door, and would actually pull the top corner of the door inwards
slightly when fully closed (due to being over-center). The lever would need
to be lightly spring loaded to position it outwards to receive the end of
the gas strut when the door is open.

I could sketch it out if need be to explain a little more clearly.

Cheers,
Pete A239