Ducatti Module

Subject: Ducatti Module
From: mike.cater <mike.cater@talk21.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 15:59:24
Hi Guys
Our Rotax 912 has a very intermittent fault. Just occasionally the engine will
not switch off. When it is faulty the revs do not drop when the "Left" mag is
switched off. Much effort has gone into changing switches and leads all to no
avail. We then swapped the leads from the switch "Left" for "Right" at the
module
end. Eventually the fault recurred and now it was no rev drop when the "Right"
mag was switched off.
This seemed to indicate that the Ducatti module is intermittently faulty, so we
sought a replacement.
Shock horror !.we are quoted over 400 for one of these items. I know this is
aviation
but someone is taking the proverbial!
I guess that these very units are used in motorcycles, and I wondered if anyone
had come across them and could offer advice on a more acceptable source. We are
somewhat reluctant to spend such an amount, particularly when it is by no means
certain that our own is faulty.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Mike Cater
G-BVOW #84