Re: digital level

Subject: Re: digital level
From: Rowland & Wilma Carson <rowil@clara.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 23:12:55

>My kids want to buy me a digital level so I'm researching a source

I bought my MD Smartlevel from Harry Hopkins of Gloster Air parts
(see ads in "PF" - he's an RV builder but a very nice guy otherwise
:-) ) and I think it came in under 100. However that was a little
while back and he may have newer stock at higher prices now. I don't
think you'll get anything for much less than that, anyway. All the
similar items I've seen advertised in UK from Bosch, etc have been in
the 95-140 bracket. I like mine and find it useful - it alerted me to
an error in the manual for setting up the flap washout. (The shim
thicknes mentioned assumes the jig block has NOT been cut back at the
LE - but there's no point in trying to set the washout until after
that has been cut back. Do the trig and, as 'lectric Bob says, "show
where I'm wrong"! Incidentally, factory guys, heads up, weren't you
going to make some public response to this problem in the last
factory newsletter?)

regards

Rowland