Re: Outrigger Locking

Subject: Re: Outrigger Locking
From: Paul McAllister <paul.mcallister@qia.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 09:03:21

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nigel Charles" <72016.3721@compuserve.com>
> A learning point for other monowheel users - I found the reason for my
> problems was the setting of the castellation nut for the pivot of the
> outrigger leg. As this part of the outrigger system can be put under a lot
> of stress I tightened this nut so that the leg moved without being sloppy.
> However it created a small amount of friction which when it comes to gear
> lowering is similar to having significant airloads. Having backed off the
> nut one flat my problems have gone away.

Nigel,
If I have understood you correctly, this means the pivot bolt is free to
turn, (it has to be in the original configuration) so in time it will wear
oval holes in the side plates.
I think there is a factory optional mod which puts a bush between the plates
so that the bolt can be properly tightened. Much better idea. Ought to be
mandatory IMHO?

Graham