Yet another question - Pitch tube containment

Subject: Yet another question - Pitch tube containment
From: DJA727@aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 21:54:36
Hello all,

Here I go again....... After spending much time adjusting to get the correct
travel in the stabilators - down 6y degrees and up 14 degrees - I am
installing the containment and pitch control stop. I am building it exactly
as the plans say and find that once it is in -- it reduces the down travel of
the elevator by 3 degrees. I have quadruple checked the measurements -- 1MM
up from the pitch push rod - and I know it is built correctly.

What is the deal with the pitch travel? The book says the final stops will be
set at 5 degrees down and 13 degrees up. I am already down to the 11.7
degrees down with this pitch stop.

Puzzled in Gardnerville with at the wrong time of day.

Dave Anderson
A227